Can I meet a dolphin?
What you need to know about meeting a dolphin
Monday to Sunday.
Maximum of four guests per day.
8 years and older.
12h15 (Times are subject to change at short notice and in accordance with daily programmes).
To avoid delay guests are required to arrive at uShaka Marine world guest relations kiosk at 11h00 for the booking confirmation and payment.
The cost of meeting a dolphin is R800 per person (pictures album included).
Prior booking is essential, but not more than three weeks in advance. Call Animal Encounters on +27 (0)31 328 8052 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the special nature of the activity and for the safety of uShaka Sea World guests and dolphins, there are some restrictions, each of which must be strictly adhered to:
- The Meet a Dolphin programme does not involve swimming
- An indemnity form must be signed by each participant before entering into the Dolphin area
- Guests need to be able to speak and understand English
- For your safety, no pregnant guests may meet a dolphin
- Participants must have controlled motor movement
- Participants must not have any open cuts or infections, especially flu or a cold
- Unfortunately guests with disabilities are excluded from this programme and should contact our staff to investigate alternative options
- Shorts must be worn and no dangling items such as sarongs should be worn
- Participants must be able to follow directions quickly and be prepared to get wet
- All participants must remove sunglasses and all jewellery during the experience
- No smoking is permitted
- Experiences may differ from day to day and season to season depending on which of the dolphins are participating
- Due to concern for the animals a dolphin experience may have to be cancelled at short notice
- We reserve the right to request birth certificates or ID documents to confirm ages of participants
The Meet a Dolphin experience includes:
- A 10-minute introduction to dolphins and ocean conservation
- A session around the pool with your host, trainers and dolphins
- An opportunity to meet a dolphin personally (touch, feed and kiss the dolphin)