Volunteers - mammals and birds
The mammal and bird department relies on volunteers to assist with everyday support duties in the dolphin, seal and penguin areas. This support is usually needed over weekends and on public holidays. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee animal contact. We also rely on support from volunteers to assist with stranded animals, animal behaviour observations and special round-the-clock animal care.
- You must be 18 years or older
- A swim test must be passed. This comprises a 200m swim, 10m underwater breath hold/swim and 5 minutes' treading water
- You must be able to work a minimum of two shifts per month, for a full day
- You should preferably live in the greater Durban area (between Amanzimtoti, Pietermaritzburg and Umhlanga)
- You must be able to speak, write and understand English
- You must be healthy and physically fit
- You are required to abide by the company rules.
If you are interested in volunteering in the mammal and bird department at uShaka Sea World, download the application form below and once completed, send it to Kathy Drummond on Kdrummond@seaworld.org.za or call 031 328 8191 or fax to 031 328 8188.