Mr Jade Maggs
MSc (University of KwaZulu-Natal, 2011)
LINEFISH RESOURCES AND MARINE PROTECTED AREAS
- Ecology of coastal marine fishes, especially distribution, movement and connectivity
- Marine protected areas
- Reef ecosystems
- Data modelling
- National Marine Linefish System (NMLS)
- Pondoland Marine Protected Area fish monitoring and tagging programme.
- Boat Launch Site Monitoring System (BLSMS)
- Baited Remote Underwater Video
- Ezemvelo KwaZulu-Natal Wildlife (EKZNW)
- Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (DAFF): Branch Fisheries
- Department of Environmental Affairs (DEA)
- KZN Department of Agriculture and Environmental Affairs (DAEA)
- Department of Ichthyology and Fisheries Science, Rhodes University (DIFS)
- South African Institute for Aquatic Biodiversity (SAIAB)
- Maggs JQ, Floros C, Pereira MAM, Schleyer MH. 2010. Rapid visual assessment of fish communities on selected reefs in the Bazaruto Archipelago. Western Indian Ocean J. Mar. Sci. 9(1): 115-134.
- Maggs JQ. Mann BQ, van der Elst RP. 2012. Long-term trends in the recreational shore fishery for elf (Pomatomus saltatrix: Pomatomidae) along the KwaZulu-Natal coast, South Africa. African Journal of Marine Science 34(3): 401-410
- Mann BQ, Pradervand, P, Maggs JQ & Wintner S. 2012. A characterisation of the paddle-ski fishery in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. African Journal of Marine Science 34(1): 119-130.
- Floros C, Schleyer MH & Maggs JQ. 2012. Baseline assessment of high-latitude coral reef fish communities in southern Africa. African Journal of Marine Science 34(1): 55-69.
- Maggs JQ, Mann BQ, Cowley PD. 2013. Contribution of a large no-take zone to the management of vulnerable reef fishes in the South-West Indian Ocean. Fisheries Research 144: 38-47.
- Floros C, Schleyer MH, Maggs JQ. 2013. Fish as indicators of diving and fishing pressure on high-latitude coral reefs. Ocean & Coastal Management 84: 130-139.
- Maggs JQ, Mann BQ, Cowley PD. 2013. Reef fish display station-keeping and ranging behaviour in the Pondoland Marine Protected Area on the east coast of South Africa. African Journal of Marine Science 35(2): 183-193.
YouTube - baited remote underwater video – Compare fish populations in no-take area with open area